Prior Learning Assessment & Recognition (PLAR)
What is Prior Learning and Assessment Recognition ?
Prior learning assessment and recognition
- awards credit for what you know, not for what you have done
- is not transfer credit from formal courses you have taken
- evaluates your university-level learning obtained from
- non-formal education and training
- self-directed study and/or
- other sources for which university credit may be awarded
- may award credit for learning related to the BPA major you want to take
- criteria and processes vary depending on the BPA major you are interested in taking (refer to the relevant BPA major section below)
- has you describe and demonstrate your learning through a portfolio
To review how the PLAR process works and the types of documentation needed, please go to How PLAR Works and PLAR Documents.
How does PLAR work for the Governance, Law and Management major?
- gain admission to the program if you do not have a recognized college diploma
- earn additional credits toward degree completion