Governance, Law & Management (BPA-GLM) Major
Gain a solid foundation and customize your degree to meet your professional needs
What is this major about?
This interdisciplinary program blends three important areas of our knowledge-based society and economy: governance, legal studies, and management (particularly with respect to public administration).
Designed for recent diploma graduates and mid-career professionals, this major
- is of relevance to practitioners, managers, and policy makers in the public, voluntary, and non-profit sectors
- is an interdisciplinary program
- combines critical scholarship in the social sciences with applied courses on innovation and leadership in administrative and management studies
- tackles difficult issues, such as how to provide leadership in a networked age where efficiency, accountability, and ethical governance are of paramount importance
- hones your critical thinking skills and gives you a thorough grounding in law and governance
- written by nationally and internationally recognized scholars
With a broad range of courses to choose from you can customize the BPA-GLM to meet your professional needs (see GLM Major: Requirements and Course Descriptions).